This past weekend Matt and I reconnected with some old friends and decided to make a day trip to Seaside. Little did we know Seaside was holding their annual beach volleyball tournament so the place was packed but made for a fun day in the sun.
The past couple of months a friend and I have been inspired to make fun dessert recipes we have found on Pinterest. The latest creation turned out wonderfully and was a hit! This recipe is super easy and is perfect for any occasion. We used a box brownie mix rather than making them from scratch to save time. If you have a brownie mix you love, that will work too.
For the Brownies:
1 box brownie mix; ingredients on back of box
48 milky ways; frozen for at least 1 hour
For the Caramel Sauce:
15 caramel candies
2 tbsp heavy whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray nonstick miniature muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine brownie mix and ingredients
3. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the brownie batter into the miniature muffin tins
4. Place one frozen milky way directly in the center of the brownie batter, press down gently.
5. Bake brownies in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, do not over bake! Let brownies cool for a few minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
6. While brownies are cooling, prepare the caramel sauce. Place the caramel and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until the caramel begin to melt; stir frequently. Continue warming and stirring the caramel until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
7. Drizzle caramel onto the center of each brownie bite. To store brownies, seal in an airtight container at room temperature.